5 FACTOR DIET GROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health club culture growing in Kerala

Go down

Health club culture growing in Kerala Empty Health club culture growing in Kerala

Post  William62 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:05 pm

A lot of studies, researches and surveys have revealed that Kerala has an edge in the education as well as health sector over other States in India. It is true that a high literacy rate will naturally lead to better awareness regarding health, socio-political issues etc. No wonder, Kerala is at par with the developed nations when it comes to the facilities and infrastructure in the health sector. People generally here are hygienic and health conscious; the recent trends show that there is a tremendous increase in the number of people who approach health centres for keeping the body fit and healthy.

The mushrooming of ayurveda resorts kerala fitness centres, and gyms with sophisticated equipments -- all these factors serve as a proof of the growing number of health-conscious youth.``It is true that there are a lot of health clubs coming up. It cannot be just dismissed as a blind imitation of what is happening in other metros,’’ says Rajan Varghese a fitness trainer based in Kerala. ``It shows that people in Kerala have become more aware of the necessity for being fit and healthy and they are ready to invest their time and money for this purpose,’’ he says.

Radhika Varma, who works with an MNC in Kochi will agree to his words. ``There are a lot of things that the professions today demand from us. A good and perfect appearance is one among them. Going to gym helps me shed the extra flab and I look fit. It gives me confidence and adds to my professional and personal growth,’’ she says.

William62

Back to top Go down